Rotary Global Grant Scholarship
National deadline: Scholarship proposals are accepted on a rolling basis throughout the year, but applications and payment information should be submitted at least three months before studies are to begin.
· Open to U.S. citizens and international students
· Seniors and graduates
· Must be for graduate studies in one of six areas:
1. Peace and conflict prevention/resolution
2. Disease prevention/treatment
3. Water and sanitation
4. Maternal and child health
5. Basic education and literacy
6. Economic and community development
· Must be accepted at chosen university at the time of application
· Language proficiency in the study country's language
· Well-defined and realistic goals for career
Award summary and conditions: Global grants support scholarships for graduate students studying abroad in one of the six areas of focus listed above. Scholarships range from one to four years and therefore can include an entire degree program. Prospective scholars must show proof of admission to the chosen university before the grant will be approved.
The Foundation does not require global grant scholars to carry out ambassadorial duties, but the scholarship sponsor may encourage participation in club events or service projects.
Global grant scholarships are funded using cash and/or the District Designated Fund, matched by the World Fund. The global grant budget must total at least $30,000, but a scholarship may be a component of a larger grant application - for example, a scholarship plus a humanitarian project. For details on applications and terms and conditions of the grant please see: https://www.rotary.org/myrotary/en/take-action/apply-grants/grant-process
Application process: Applicants must apply for a scholarship through a local Rotary club. Local clubs can be found by searching at www.rotary.org/clublocator.
Faculty representative: Keith Raether
Contact information: For general contact information: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants should contact their local club first with questions before contacting The Rotary Foundation directly.