Math for America Fellowship
Due to lack of funding, the Math for America Fellowships will only be offered in Utah, and Master Teacher Fellowships will be offered in Utah, Berkeley,New York and Washington, D. C.
National deadlines: Utah: rolling application
· U.S. citizen or permanent resident
· Be new to teaching
· Have a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university by June, 2015
· Have completed substantial coursework in mathematics. Site-specific application pages provide full
· Achieve a competitive score on the ETS Praxis Exams. Site-specific application pages provide full requirements.
Award summary and benefits: The mission of Math for America is to improve mathematics and science education in U.S. public secondary schools by building a corps of outstanding STEM teachers and leaders. Their goal is to support those outstanding STEM teachers already in the classroom and to increase the number of mathematically talented individuals entering teaching. Math for America fellows receive:
· Full-tuition scholarship to earn a master's degree or teacher credentialing program in secondary mathematics
· Up to $100,000 in stipends, in addition to a full-time teacher's salary
· Membership in a national corps of highly qualified secondary school mathematics teachers
· Mentoring, job search support and ongoing interactive professional development opportunities
There are five different Math for America sites in the U.S. where applicants may apply for a fellowship: Boston, Los Angeles, New York City, Utah and Washington, D.C.
Application process: All Math for America program sites use a common online Fellowship application, but admittance decisions are made by each site independently. Your completed application will be forwarded to the sites you have indicated on the application. Some sites have specific further requirements for the application, and you should consult the site-specific web pages to determine those requirements. Each site will notify applicants individually about their application status and final decisions.