Presentation and Writing Resources
- Guidelines for Poster Presentations Detailed guide for creating a poster for Whitman Undergraduate Conference, etc.
- The American Chemical Society Style Guide A detailed guide on technical writing for ACS journals. Free through Whitman's institutional subscription to ACS journals.
Whitman Penrose Library
- Penrose Memorial Library Homepage Online pages for the Penrose Memorial Library.
- Chemistry Subject Guide at Penrose - links to literature and database searches available through Penrose (including Scifinder Scholar and Web of Science).
Useful Software and Mobile Apps
- ChemDoodle - Chemical drawing software (and mobile app). Members of the Whitman community are able to register their copy under a site license agreement.
- Reference Managers - find a comparison here (MIT) and here (Wikipedia) and here .
- Endnote - Members of the Whitman community can contact WCTS about obtaining a copy of the software under a site license agreement
- Zotero - Free (pay for more space)
- Mendeley - Free (pay for more space)
- Papers - Paid with free trial
- there are too many others to list here, but see the comparison charts above for more.
- DS Visualizer - 3D viewer for large molecule models.
- Whitman College Safety Guidelines - Includes links to MSDS Database, Emergency Management Plan, Safety Policies and Procedures.
National Chemistry and Science Organizations
- American Chemical Society Homepage
- History of Science Society
- National Science Foundation One of the premier science foundations.
- National Institutes of Health Another premier science foundation.
Graduate School Resources
Summer Employment Opportunities
- U.S. Department of Energy
- National Science Foundation Research Experience for Undergraduates (REU) program
Cool Periodic Table Sites
- An Interactive Periodic Table
- Periodic Table Live! from the American Chemical Society
- David's Whizzy Periodic Table
- Los Alamos National Laboratory's Perioidic Table
- The Periodic Table from an Environmental Perspective
- ChemGlobe's Periodic Table