Links and Resources
- Online catalog: Biology courses and requirements
- Biology Student Handbook
- The Virtual Fetal Pig Dissection — developed by Prof. Earl Fleck with a grant from the Howard Hughes Medical Institute; cited in an Oct. 2006 N.Y. Times article on widely-used educational sites.
- College Scholarships, Grad School and GRE Information
- PRACTICE GRE exams!
- Look at the World Wide Web Virtual Library: Biosciences for entrance into the world of biology on the Internet.
- Microbiology: An excellent site for almost all Microbiology topics can be found at Microbes.Info
- Evolution Frequently Asked Questions.
- The Tree of Life Phylogeny Navigator. At his site you will find a series of pages showing the phylogeny or classification of a group of organisms. It is under construction at present but clearly shows what is possible in the future on the internet.
- Developmental Biology: Visual Models of Morphogenesis: A Guided Tour. Patterns of development in biological systems are often difficult to portray. This site provides some fine graphics allowing you to visualize developmental patterns.
- Birding in Walla Walla and Vicinity: Go to the local Blue Mountain Audubon page for lots of useful information. Also, Shirley Muse suggests the following locations for good birding in the Walla Walla valley.