How Rhetoric Helps You
Rhetoric Studies can help you in a number of ways:
- You become more aware of how communication works in speech, the media, written texts, advertisements, legal decisions, and political arguments.
- Your resume shows you have communication skills, an understanding of key arguments and issues, and sophisticated thinking about argument and rhetoric.
- You learn theoretical concepts that enhance your understanding of politics, sociology, history, and many other areas of study.
- You have the knowledge for jobs that require you to analyze communication such as being a lawyer, professor, and political and social activist.
- You are more effective at expressing yourself, in handling difficult situations, and in helping others to communicate better.
- Your papers and presentations are more persuasive because you have a greater understanding of how to connect with audiences and how rhetoric can be productive in many contexts.