Similar to nursing programs, many PA programs have expanded to select students completing bachelor’s degrees. Most programs require two to three years to complete certification. The courses most frequently required for admission include:
- Biology — 111, 127 Nutrition, 205 Genetics, 310 or 330 Physiology, 339 Microbiology
- Chemistry — Three semesters, to include inorganic, organic, and biochemistry
- Mathematics — Statistics (Mathematics 128 or 247)
- English — Two semesters of English writing/composition (110, 210, 310) or any English literature course)
- Social Sciences — Psychology 110 required. Psychology 230 or 360 recommended
Note: Requirements vary greatly. Many schools require courses in human anatomy. Some will allow Comparative Anatomy (Biology 259). Some schools accept Encounters as writing intensive courses for English.
How do I apply?
• Application to Physician Assistant Schools
Physician Assistant Schools participate in the common application (CASPA) administered by the Physician Assistant Education Association