October 27, 2006
5pm, Reid 207
Prepared by Johnny Hu
+ Eliot Chang
- Thursday November 30th, 7pm, Olin 130
- His performance includes:
1) One hour stand up comedy act
2) Asians in the Media discussion session
- We will probably do tabling for tickets due to the limited number of seats
- ---> We still need to raise $2000 to fund this event. Fund raising ideas: bake sale,
bubble tea, DDR competition. Geoff has sent a letter out to President Bridges/Dean of
Students/Dean of Faculty asking for financial support. We are still waiting for a
- Everyone will advertise like crazy perhaps starting after the next meeting
+ Volunteering at the Humane Society, info from Souk (email@example.com)
- Orientation either Wednesday or Saturday afternoon (perhaps Saturday after 4pm)
- If you're not able to go to the orientation meeting, you can individually contact
Rebecca Oertel at 509-529-5188, or e-mail her at firstname.lastname@example.org
+ Social activities
- Potluck dinner at Helen's house, Tuesday November 14th, 6pm
- Movie night (TBA), any suggestions?
- Mah-jong night (TBA)
- Karaoke (date: next semester) (Sun Rentals). $78 = monitor, 26 CD's, 2 mics... info
thanks to Kenji (email@example.com).
~ Announcements ~
+ Wednesday November 1st: Jason Smith, Director of Student Services and Admission, UW
Daniel Evans School of Public Affairs
What- Informational discussion of life after Whitman for multicultural students
Smith is also a U.S. Marine Captain, and just finished his term of military service in
Iraq. He will be available to answer questions about applying to graduate schools, the
benefits of a Whitman degree, public policy, and his experiences during his four years at
Whitman being a diversity student.
Where- RCC 110
+ Thursday November 2nd: Discussion/Town Hall Meeting recap at lunch; noon Reid cafe.
Please join us.
+ Next meeting: Friday, November 10th, 5pm in Reid 207. We're planning to play DDR. Jon
will buy the pads online.